Intertask Conferences is a nationally recognized Meeting and Event-planning firm headquartered in Ottawa with a strategic partnership with JPdL of Montréal, creating the largest event management organization in Canada.
Intertask Conferences serves as the secretariat and administrator for several not-for-profit, membership based, professional Canadian associations.
We have an immediate opening for a regular/part-time bilingual registration/event administrator with strong administrative and customer service skills who has experience working with online databases.
• Respond to conference delegate inquiries by email and telephone;
• Maintenance of websites – updating content, posting announcements, etc.;
• First point of contact for conference delegates; respond to telephone and email inquiries;
• Gather information from conference speakers such as biographies and photographs; set-up tracking system for information received;
• Pre-conference material preparation – delegate badges and information;
• Research information required for both city and venue selection;
• Be onsite at conferences as a member of the registration team – travel may be required;
• Assist with testing and proof reading online registration sites.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Bilingual (English and French) – written, spoken and reading comprehension;
• Strong administrative skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required for formatting large documents, drafting agenda/minutes, maintaining budgets, sending regular reminders to membership about upcoming events;
• Know how to organize and respond to an above average volume of email communication;
• Ability to set priorities for multiple projects, meet deadlines and work on tasks simultaneously;
• Superior attention to detail required for proof reading with above average writing and grammar skills;
• Be customer focused;
• Enjoy working autonomously as well as part of a team.
• Hours of work will range between 20 and 40 per week depending upon the time of the year;
• Rate of pay: $20-$22/hour;
• Contract position;
• Ability to attain Enhanced Reliability security clearance with the federal government;
• Computer skills and proof reading evaluation may be administered.
Please forward a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with “Registration/Event Coordinator” in the subject line. Please apply by Friday, March 22.
Intertask thanks all those who submit an application; however, only those invited to an interview will be contacted.
Agencies will not be considered.