INTERNATIONAL - MONTRÉAL - Published on 4 November 2019
If you like a challenge, JPdL is the place for you! For over 35 years, JPdL has been coordinating thousands of captivating international, national and regional events for groups from 50 to 15,000 participants. Our meticulous organization and our reliable logistical support guarantee our clients a flawless event and peace of mind. We have an excellent group of professional staff and our teamwork is incomparable. Join us and enjoy a fulfilling job!
We are located in downtown Montréal, with direct access to the Metro Peel.
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Represent JPdL in a professional manner at all times;
- Understand clients’ needs and goals by providing them with professional and confident advice regarding meetings, exhibits and conferences;
- Assist in the elaboration of strategies to bring forward the added-value of our services;
- Assist in the planning, coordination and monitoring of project implementation phases and compliance with deadlines;
- Develop relationships, interact and act as a resource person to team members, colleagues and clients;
- Negotiate and follow up with suppliers;
- Manage and monitor the allocated budgets;
- Propose and implement various processes to optimize work efficiency;
- Liaise and maintain a good relationship with suppliers;
- Manage all logistical aspects including food and beverages, program content, speakers, social activities, VIP, signage, sponsorships, exhibitions, etc. .;
- Could be involved in marketing services for conferences;
- Could be involved in drafting risk management procedures.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in conferences / congress coordination;
- Experience in the management of multiple projects simultaneously in an environment that is constantly evolving;
- Knowledge of the event management industry;
Personality and Skills
- Proven leadership skills with a proactive focus on solutions , by taking initiative and having an attention to detail;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including communications (verbal/written), as well as good team building skills;
- Bilingualism (French and English) is essential. Any other language is an asset;
- Negotiation skills;
- Flexible in order to assume tasks as they arise in any area of the organization;
- Excellent customer service;
- Creativity and multidisciplinary skills;
- Strong time management skills and problem solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Power Point;
- Interest and knowledge of social media for business.
If you believe you have what it takes to be part of the JPdL team, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate in the subject line – Logistics Coordinator.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only the candidates retained for an interview will be contacted.