- Published on 2022-03-13
- START DATE: Immediate
- EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 2-3 years of relevant industry experience
- SALARY: Competitive salary according to experience plus performance-based commissions and incentives.
- FLEXIBLE WORK MODE: A mix of virtual as well as face-to-face work. Presently, we are at 2 days a week and follow public safety guidelines as they evolve.
- OFFICE LOCATION: Anywhere across Canada. Our headquarter is located in Downtown Montréal, with direct access to public transit (Peel Metro station); Our team members are based across Canada.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1982 by Jean-Paul de Lavison, JPdL has grown into one of Canada’s largest event and conference planning companies. Our expertise is based on three pillars of activity:
- JPdL International: Strategic planning, management, and logistics of conferences, congresses, and symposia at a local, national and international level.
- JPdL DMC: Management of corporate and association events and incentive trips within the Canadian market.
- JPdL Vitamine (a division of JPdL Montréal): design and management of multi-destination incentive programs, seminars, learning expeditions, and professional missions across Canada, adapted to the needs of European clientele.
Our dynamic structure continuously adapts, meets challenges, and transforms to better meet today’s context and requirements. The JPdL International division is in full expansion and our team is looking for our next Congress and Conference Logistics Coordinator
WHAT SETS US APART
The need to give meaning to our actions and a desire to get involved to make a difference! The desire to integrate the issues of sustainability into our daily activities and adopt specific eco-gestures for an exemplary organization of all our events.
- Represent JPdL in a professional manner at all times;
- Assist Project Managers in the elaboration of strategies to bring forward the added-value of our services;
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and monitoring of project implementation phases and compliance with deadlines;
- Develop relationships, interact and act as a resource person to team members, colleagues, and clients;
- Propose and implement various processes to optimize work efficiency;
- Negotiate, liaise and maintain a good relationship with suppliers;
- Manage all logistical aspects including food and beverages, program content, speakers, social activities, VIP, signage, sponsorships, exhibitions, etc.;
- Could be involved in marketing services for conferences;
- Other duties associated with the role.
- Bilingualism (French and English) is essential. Any other language is an asset;
- Have a good understanding of the stakes and the general context of the sector;
- Understand clients’ needs and goals by providing them with professional and confident advice regarding meetings, exhibits, and conferences;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office 365 suite) and graphic knowledge for basic presentations (Canva, PowerPoint) will be required for this position;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including communications (verbal/written), as well as good team-building skills;
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills;
- Willing and able to travel;
- Proactive, meticulous, curious, independent and have a good sense of humor!
If you feel ready to join the JPdL team, we’d love to meet you! Send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write in the subject line of the email: Event Congress and Conference Logistics Coordinator
Thank you for your interest in joining JPdL. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.