- Published on 2022-05-08
Are you passionate about events in Montréal?
For over 40 years, JPdL has been supporting thousands of captivating international, national and regional events for groups of 50 to 15,000 participants. Our meticulous organization and our reliable logistical support guarantee our clients a flawless event and more importantly peace of mind.
This is a big part of why we are still around and looking to grow with your help!
About the position
- The sales manager is in charge of developing JPdL Montreal’s existing business events accounts by responding to inquiries as well as soliciting new business.
- They lead creative proposal writing and program creation for prospective clients to make their experiences exceptional every time.
- They represent JPdL’s Business events in the destination and grow their knowledge to expand their knowledge of the destination.
- The Sales Manager reports directly to the Director of business development and strategic partnerships and is supported by a team of talented and experienced professionals.
Is this you?
- Based in Montreal and knows what the city has to offer to WOW visitors.
- An ease in creating new relationships, nurturing existing ones, and exploring the unknown.
- A gifted communicator who can tell a story and share your vision in different settings.
- Capacity to juggle details from multiple programs and tasks simultaneously.
This right person must possess a good mix of sales experience and a strategic approach to client requests as it relates to the ability of acquiring new business opportunities. JPdL’s ‘can-do’ attitude has us looking at resourceful optimists that love to make magical things happen.
- Experience selling, producing, operating, or managing event programs in the Hospitality/Business event Industry is considered an asset;
- University degree in a relevant field or diploma in Hospitality/Event Management (CMP, DMCP designation).
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills in English as well as functional knowledge of French.
- Proficient with standard business software.
- An understanding of budgets and costing models for managed services and/or agency modeling is an asset.
On a regular basis, you will:
- Respond to opportunities as well as create sales opportunities.
- Build proposals targeted to the client’s requests.
- Source vendors and partners to create new experiences for our clients.
- Handle the overall sales process from ‘contact to contract’ including presentations, FAM/site visits, proposal creation/revision, and contracting.
- Speak to business partners and maintain relationships to develop a solid lead-generation base.
- Attend local industry and business events as well as participate in sales trips to help build the brand and grow the business.
Competitive base salary based on experience/track record plus commission/bonus structure, health insurance with dental and pension plan.
Contact: You can submit your CV to Alan Mikhail, Director, Business development and strategic partnerships, firstname.lastname@example.org.