CANADA - VANCOUVER - Published on 19 March 2019
JPdL Destination Management is Canada’s largest Destination Company with offices in
Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Tremblant and Quebec City. We have been
serving clients since 1982 and are actively looking for a new addition to our JPdL
Destination Management team.
Position: Event and Meeting Manager
JPdL Location: Vancouver
Compensation: Competitive salary, incentive plan and benefits
Start date: Immediately
Primary Objective: Write winning proposals and operate flawless programs
Who are you?
- Must be based in Vancouver and have relevant local experience;
- You are an exceptional individual who is confident, creative, dynamic and full of energy;
- You are a gifted communicator who can tell a story and share your vision;
- You are trusted by clients, colleagues and friends;
- You are passionate in general and knowledgeable, specifically about Vancouver and Western Canada, our team’s newest destination since 2016;
- You work hard and can handle the daily responding to last-minute, seemingly unrealistic external and internal deadlines;
- You are proficient with standard business software (Outlook, Office, Explorer, databases);
- Experience in sales is needed.
Is this you?
- Minimum +5 years of selling and operating programs in the Hospitality Industry;
- Results driven, energetic, and focused;
- Service-oriented style with professional presentations skills;
- Solid understanding of budgets and costing models;
- You are meticulously organized to the point of obsession and detail oriented;
- You love a challenge and have strong problem-solving skills. You listen more than you talk;
- You can juggle multiple programs and tasks simultaneously. You are results oriented with a high level of self initiative;
- You are computer literate (all Windows business software + database knowledge);
- You have relevant hospitality industry experience and a Degree or Diploma in Hospitality/Event Management or related field; (CMP, DMCP designation an asset);
- You have clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English. French or Mandarin language skills an asset;
- You are a self starter and can work independently as well as part of a team;
- Available to work on events operating week-ends, evenings and holidays;
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
Sales/Creative Services (approximately 80%):
- Work closely with your JPdL West sales colleagues to ensure all efforts are coordinated and respond to all leads as assigned by his/her supervisor;
- Prepare contracts and close the sale. Write proposals in a persuasive manner that takes full account of customer-specific style and content and achieves required JPdL positioning:
- Source vendors and prepare RFPs. Liaise with JPdL colleagues to ensure we have the most creative, outstanding proposals in the industry;
- Lead client site inspections, FAMS and sales trips throughout the year as required;
- Foster relationships with local and national hoteliers and vendors, Tourism bureaus, BC Tourism and Canadian Tourism Commission representatives and convention centres;
- Help us improve our company with your imagination and drive.
Operations (approximately 20%):
- Work closely with the Director of Operations and the Operations team to ensure the smooth and flawless execution of programs;
- To successfully operate and manage the programs (conventions, incentives, meetings and other special events) as assigned by his/her supervisor – programs will include, but are not limited to the management of: hotel contracts & room blocks, transportation, production (entertainment, A/V, staging), off-site venues, tours & activities, tradeshows, food and beverage (on-site, off-site and restaurants), gifts & amenities;
- Ensure a smooth transition of files from Sales to the Operations Department;
- Maintain the highest level of business and personal integrity with clients, suppliers, industry and office colleagues;
- Maintain and develop hotel, venue and other product knowledge;
- Assist with supervision of large programs on-site;
- Manage program budgets during program operations and all final invoicing;
- Constantly strive to improve operations processes to make the company more efficient and cost-effective;
- Create and develop new ideas, processes and program extras that distinguish JPdL from other such companies;
- Share in general office duties and handle administrative tasks as required;
- Be a positive, calm and creative influence
Send your intro letter and resume to:
Michelle Piromalli, General Manager of Operations
by Monday April 1st, 2019.
Must include salary expectations in order to be considered for an interview.