CANADA-OTTAWA - Published on 22 November 2019
If you like to be challenged, JPdL is the place for you! For over 35 years, JPdL has been coordinating thousands of captivating international, national and regional events for groups from 50 to 15,000 participants. Our meticulous organization and our reliable logistical support guarantee our clients a flawless event and mostly peace of mind. We have a great staff of professionals and our teamwork is unmatched. Join us and watch your career soar!
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with a team of Event Coordinators in planning and managing events. You will work in a team environment on larger projects.
We seek a clear, creative and practical thinker with leadership skills that can help attract new business and produce a wide variety of successful, imaginative and exciting events (conference programs, tours, excursions, galas and leisure activities).
Candidates must be able to anticipate project needs, determine work priorities, meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work evenings and weekends when required. Sales experience will be considered an asset.
Experience and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as office administration, event planning, communications, project management or related program with a combination of education and experience. CMP or PMP designation considered as a strong asset;
- At minimum five years of experience in the hospitality industry or in project management including administration, management of team, process planning and event coordination;
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access);
- Successful track record in managing complex programs;
- Ability to write persuasive proposals, interpreting client’s needs and expectations, translating them into a winning outcome, from proposal through to implementation;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work with minimal direction, exercising a high level of discretion and judgment;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and public relations skills;
- Ability to work both independently and supervise a team in a fast paced environment and react quickly under pressure;
- Outstanding attention to detail;
- Bilingual in French and English considered an asset;
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written;
- Maintain the highest level of business and personal integrity with clients, suppliers, industry and office colleagues;
- Constantly strive to improve processes to make the company more efficient and cost-effective;
- Be a positive, creative influence in the office and with the Team;
- Strong customer service ethic and high standards for Team members and suppliers;
- Familiar with Ottawa area tourist attractions and event venues such as Shaw Centre, Airport and Hotels;
- Staying informed on industry trends and practices, and offering appropriate suggestions and creative ideas;
- Positive and reliable;
- Work closely with the Managing Director in achieving company’s goals and objectives;
- Must pass federal security clearance to level 1 confidential.
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience, incentive plan;
- Generous benefits package: medical; dental; long-term disability; life insurance;
- Position starts when the right candidate is chosen.
Please submit a covering letter focused on personal achievements relevant to JPdL Ottawa with salary expectations and résumé to email@example.com