- Published on 2023-09-19
If you like to be challenged, JPdL is the place for you!
For over 40 years, JPdL has coordinated thousands of captivating international, national and regional events for groups of 50 to 15,000. Our meticulous organization and our reliable logistical support guarantee our clients a flawless event and peace of mind. We have a great staff of professionals and our teamwork is unmatched.
Join us and watch your career soar!
About This Position (Is this you?)
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and managing multiple event programs, and tasked with contributing on larger projects in a team environment, including projects being produced and delivered by JPdL Ottawa’s sister company, Intertask Conferences.
We seek a clear, creative and practical thinker who can help attract new business and produce a broad array of successful, imaginative and exciting events (conference programs, tours, excursions, galas and leisure activities) for a diverse group of clients. Experience in sales will be considered an asset.
Candidates must be able to anticipate project needs, determine work priorities, meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work evenings and weekends when required. Given the ebb and flow of event timing and requirements, we are seeking candidates who thrive while working flexible hours and schedules. Accommodations could also be made for the right candidate wanting to work on a part-time basis.
Must Have Skills and Job Requirements
- A minimum of three years’ experience coordinating events within the hospitality, tourism or events industry;
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as event planning, project management, communications or a combination of relevant and considerable experience;
- Strong administrative skills;
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Sharepoint) and databases;
- Proven competency in managing complex event programs;
- Ability to write persuasive proposals which interpret the client’s needs and expectations and experience translating them into a winning outcome
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work with minimal direction, exercising a high level of discretion and judgement;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and customer relations skills;
- Ability to supervise a team of suppliers in a fast-paced environment and react quickly under pressure;
- Outstanding reliability and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Maintain the highest level of business and personal integrity with clients, suppliers, industry partners and office colleagues;
- Constantly strive to improve processes to make the company more efficient and cost-effective;
- Be a positive, creative influence in the office and with the team;
- Strong customer service ethics and high expectations for quality;
- Familiar with Ottawa-area tourism attractions and event venues such as the Shaw Centre, museums, the airport and hotels;
- Informed on industry trends and practices, and able to offer appropriate suggestions and creative ideas;
- Work closely with the Managing Partner in achieving JPdL Ottawa’s goals and objectives;
- Must be able to attain Government of Canada security clearance to level 1 confidential.
- Experience with sales process
- Bilingual in French and English
- CMP, DES or PMP designation
Compensation: To be discussed, commensurate with experience
Location: Flexible working environment including a hybrid arrangement (remote from home and downtown Ottawa office).
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work week (20-40 hours)
- Three (3) week vacation
- Group insurance plan, including telemedicine service, medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, employee assistance plan
- Corporate RRSP matching contribution plan
- Opportunity to grow within company
- Ongoing learning opportunities
- Work environment conducive to personal health and well-being.
Please submit your resumé and a cover letter focusing on your professional achievements relevant to JPdL Ottawa, and your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!