- Published on 2022-06-12
- LOCATION: Toronto
- REMOTE WORK: This is a remote position for a candidate based in Toronto
- CONTRACT: Full time
- START: July 2022
- EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum 5 years
- SALARY: According to experience + incentive structure
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Toronto, Niagara, and our other destinations.
- You are a gifted communicator who can tell a story and share your vision in a variety of ways.
- You are able to work autonomously, in small groups as well as in virtual team settings.
- You understand the daily grind that is the event industry and can work on multiple projects concurrently.
- You have great problem-solving skills, are curious, and most importantly able to remain cool, calm, and collected through the different stages of putting up world-class events.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1982 by Jean-Paul de Lavison, JPdL has grown into one of Canada’s largest event and conference planning companies. Its expertise is based on three pillars of activity:
- JPdL DMC: Management of corporate and association events and incentive trips within the Canadian market.
- JPdL Vitamine: Design and management of multi-destination incentive programs, seminars, learning expeditions, and professional missions across Canada, adapted to the needs of European clientele.
- JPdL International: Design, management, and logistics of conferences, congresses, and symposia at a local, national and international level.
Our dynamic structure continuously adapts, meets challenges, and transforms to better meet today’s context and requirements. JPdL DMC is in expansion and our team of motivated and inspired employees is looking for a Program Manager for Business Events.
Event Operations: 80-90%
- Work closely with the General Manager, Operations, and the Operations team to ensure the smooth and flawless execution of programs;
- Ensure a smooth transition of files from the moment a contract is signed to the program’s operation;
- Successfully manage and operate programs of all sizes on-site and remotely. As a full-service provider, these include conventions, incentive programs, meetings, and other special events.
- Manage partners’, suppliers’, and overall operational budgets.
- Maintain the highest level of business and personal integrity with clients, suppliers, industry, and office colleagues;
Event design services: 10-20%
- Create and develop new ideas for program extras that distinguish JPdL from other such companies;
- Write product and project proposals in a persuasive manner;
- Foster relationships and maintain and develop the product development database including hotel, venue, activities and other product knowledge;
- Assist with client site inspections, FAMS, and sales trips throughout the year as required Help us improve our company with your imagination and drive!
- Minimum +5 years of managing/operating business events
- Results-driven, energetic, and focused
- Service-oriented style with professional presentations skills
- You have clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English (French and other language skills are assets)
- You must be flexible to work on events operating on weekends, evenings and holidays. • Experience writing proposals in the Hospitality Industry. Degree or accreditation in Hospitality/Event Management or related field an asset (CMP, DMCP, DES)
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Microsoft Office 365 Suite, Teams, Zoom) and a graphic knowledge for basic presentations (Canva, PowerPoint) are assets;
- Experience in sales using a CRM or proposal building software will be considered an asset.
If you feel ready to join the JPdL team, we’d love to meet you! Send your resume to email@example.com and include Program Manager-Events in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in joining JPdL. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.