CANADA - MONTREAL - Published on 11 July 2019
For over 37 years, JPdL has been coordinating thousands of trend-setting, above-the-curve and motivating international, national and regional events for groups from 50 to 15,000 participants. Our meticulous organization and our reliable logistical support guarantee our clients a flawless event and most importantly peace of mind. We have a great staff of professionals and our teamwork is unmatched. Join us and watch your career soar!
If you like to be challenged, JPdL is the place for you!
The Project Manager reports directly to the Director of JPdL Montreal.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand clients’ needs and objectives and provide them with professional and confident advice regarding their program;
- Manage all aspects of program logistics and development including: transportation, venues, food & beverage, décor & entertainment, social activities, VIPs, tours & activities, teambuilding, restaurants, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and control all phases of the program and adhere to timelines;
- Participate in site inspections to present options for theming, venues, activities and tours and all other required services.
- Liaise with all suppliers & maintain a good relationship;
- Negotiate and manage all contractual requirements and deliverables with suppliers;
- Insure the optimal use of the projects’ human, technical, financial and material resources in order to assure the profitability of the projects;
- Participate in the elaboration of strategies to bring forward the value-add of our services;
- Develop relationships and act as a resource for expertise to your team, your colleagues and your client’s team;
- Plan budgets and control the evolution of costs according to the established budgets;
- Propose and implement procedures to maximize work efficiency;
- Ability to propose and present new services and offerings where applicable;
- Ensure programs’ profitability;
- Coordinate teamwork;
- Understand business aspects;
- Manage all risks management procedures;
- Represent JPdL in a professional manner at all times.
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in managing programs;
- Experience in the management of multiple projects simultaneously in an environment in constant evolution;
- Knowledge of the event management industry;
- Knowledge of the North-American market.
Personality and Skills
- Excellent customer service;
- Proven skills in autonomy, critical thinking, creativity, diplomacy, leadership with a proactive solution focus, by taking initiative and having an attention to details;
- Positive and confident;
- Strong management of time and priorities
- Flexible in order to assume tasks as they arise in any area of the organization, problems solving skills;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including communications (verbal/written), as well as good team building skills;
- Bilingualism (French and English) is essential (both spoken and written). Spanish is an asset;
- Capable of creating and maintaining business relations with suppliers and partners;
- Negotiation and leadership skills;
- Creativity and multidisciplinary skills;
- Curious and wanting to always improve one’s knowledge in event management
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Power Point;
- Interest and business knowledge of social media.
If you believe you have what it takes to be part of the JPdL team, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and write in the subject line – Project Manager, JPdL Montreal.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only the candidates retained for an interview will be contacted.