Position: Sales Manager – Events & Meetings
Are you a sales person passionate about Western Canada? Are you a self-described hunter? Is
creativity your middle name? Have you been able to (or want to!) fuse your artistry, personality,
and sales tactics into your professional life?
JPdL Location: Vancouver
Compensation: Competitive salary, incentive plan and benefits
Start date: Immediately
Company Profile: If you like to be challenged, JPdL is the place for you! JPdL Destination Management is Canada’s largest Destination Company with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Tremblant and Quebec City.
For over 37 years, JPdL has been coordinating thousands of captivating international, national and regional events for groups of 50 to 15,000 participants. Our meticulous organization and our reliable logistical support guarantee our clients a flawless event and mostly peace of mind. We have a great staff of professionals and our teamwork is unmatched. Join us and watch your career soar!
Primary Objective: News Business sales actions accomplished through hunting, lead generation from existing database; creative proposal writing, identifying optional sales enhancements and unconsidered client needs to increase sales and close business.
Is this you?
Must be based in Vancouver and have extensive local knowledge and experience
JPdL is looking for an individual with strong sales skills, strategic thinking and a multi-level ability of acquiring new business opportunities; who has the drive to build, develop, and nurture
existing accounts, as well as grow a client base through dynamic sales techniques for our Western Canada DMC locations.
Use your creativity, sales skills, personality, local knowledge, and our well-established connections to prospect, qualify, plan, and allow our operations team to manage, and deliver
stellar corporate meeting and incentive programs in western Canada. You are one of 75 destinations experts across the country, within JPdL. You are a gifted communicator who can tell a story and share your vision. You are trusted by clients, suppliers, and industry colleagues.
Although supported by a team in Vancouver and remotely in Toronto, you are able to work from home and can meet client/company deliverables without a brick & mortar office. You are a solutionist and can handle responding to last-minute, seemingly unrealistic external and internal deadlines. You are proficient with standard business software (Outlook, Office, Explorer, databases).
Minimum +5 years of selling & operating programs in the Hospitality Industry
– Must be a Canadian citizen or have permanent residency in Canada
– Proven track record reaching quarterly and annual sales targets
– Solid understanding of budgets and costing models
– Meticulously organized and detail oriented
– You love a challenge & have strong problem-solving skills. You listen more than you talk.
– You can juggle multiple programs and tasks simultaneously.
– You have a Degree or Diploma in Hospitality/Event Management or related field; (CMP,
DMCP designation an asset).
– You have clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English.
o French, Spanish or Mandarin language skills an asset
– A valid driver`s licence and able to drive
– As a Sales Manager it is in your best interest to be available during the events you have
sold (many taking place in the evening and on weekends). Meeting the client on site to
say hello and close the sales loop is highly recommended.
– Strong computer and technology skills is an asset.
On a day to day basis, you will:
– Work closely with your JPdL West sales colleagues to ensure all efforts are coordinated
and respond to all leads as assigned by your supervisor
– Write proposals in a persuasive manner that takes full account of customer-specific style
and content and achieves required JPdL positioning
– Source vendors and prepare RFPs
– Prepare contracts and close the sale
– Lead client site inspections, FAMs and sales trips throughout the year as required
– Identify new innovations or areas of growth for the company. Maintain relationships with
existing clientele to ensure continuity and growth of business
– Develop new business
– Safeguard events’ cost efficiency while growing revenue and profit
– Work towards clients’ prompt transition to the operations department
Contact: Please submit a cover letter focused on personal
achievements and salary expectations along with your
resumé to: Anne-Marie de Lavison, VP at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday,
February 18, 2020