CANADA- OTTAWA - Published on 7 October 2019
Intertask Conferences is a nationally recognized meeting and event planning firm headquartered in Ottawa and in a strategic partnership with JPdL of Montréal; with combined operations creates the largest event management organization in Canada. Intertask Conferences plans and manages conferences for clients in both the public and private sectors and provides association management services for not-for-profit, membership based Canadian associations.
Intertask has an immediate opening for an experienced Senior Bookkeeper to join our small finance team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience working in both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, managing multiple projects each with their own set of books, and strong organization and administrative skills.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Senior Bookkeeper in addition to corporate day-to-day accounting functions, is directly responsible for maintaining accurate records for a number of annual conferences.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant accounting/bookkeeping experience and with demonstrated increasing responsibility;
- Accounting certificate or diploma;
- Operational expertise with Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) and Sage 300 (AccPac);
- Have the ability to prioritize competing tasks;
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously each with a high volume of transactions;
- Be familiar with ecommerce payment gateways and online databases;
- Strong administrative skills including an above average knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- A strong team player;
- Possess a dynamic mature and positive “can do” solutions oriented attitude;
- Superior attention to detail/accuracy; well organized, and
- Good command of the English language (written and spoken); French is considered an asset.
- Accounts Payable including: recording invoices in the accounting system; preparation of cheques and responding to vendor queries;
- Reconciliation of multiple bank accounts, including the reconciliation of e-commerce merchant statements on a monthly basis;
- Reconciliation of corporate credit cards on a monthly basis;
- Preparation of annual and quarterly government remittances – GST/HST, QST; EHT, WSIB;
- Accounts Receivable, including preparation of monthly invoices to clients and maintaining customer records;
- Preparation and deposit of funds to multiple bank accounts; posting to various project general ledgers;
- Registration management – reconciliation of project registration revenue on a monthly basis, including processing of registration refunds as required; following-up with merchant processor regarding refunds;
- General ledger – preparation of journal entries as necessary; maintenance of general ledger and trial balance; set-up of new vendors and clients;
- Review all expense reports for accuracy and proper expense classification;
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements for the Group of companies;
- Assist with annual budget process;
- Liaise with banks regarding reconciliation discrepancies.
- Preparation and processing of semi-monthly payroll for two (2) organizations;
- Liaise with outsourced payroll processing company as required;
- Petty cash custodianship;
- Benefits administration, including update and maintenance of employee changes; and
- Maintaining employee vacation reports.
- Full time permanent position, 37.5 hours per week
- Employee benefits package: medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, and profit sharing
- Seasonal overtime may be required
- Support to on-site registration personnel as required
- Ability to obtain relevant security clearance with the Federal Government
- Salary commensurate with experience
Please forward a cover letter with salary expectations and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with
Senior Bookkeeper in the subject line. Please apply by Friday, October 18th, 2019
Intertask thanks all those who submit an application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.