- Published on 2021-11-02
Offering first-class, professional conference and event management services Canada-wide since 1973, Intertask Conferences is a full-service company specializing in virtual, in-person, and hybrid conferences and special events.
Our bilingual PCO and DMC services include strategic planning and consulting, logistics, exhibition and sponsorship sales and fulfillment, financial management, association management, online registration and accommodation, speaker and abstract management, print production, and marketing and communications. Our team is familiar with cutting-edge virtual business event technology and is well-informed regarding protocols and best practices for safe face-to-face events in a post-pandemic world.
If you like to be challenged, Intertask is the place for you! For over four decades, Intertask has coordinated thousands of captivating international, national and regional events for groups from 50 to 18,000. Our meticulous organizational skills and reliable logistical support guarantee our clients a flawless event and peace of mind. We have a great group of professionals, and our teamwork is unmatched.
Join us and watch your career soar!
ABOUT THE POSITION (IS THIS YOU?)
Reporting to the Senior Director, this highly motivated individual is equally comfortable leading a team, being a team member, and/or working autonomously. This position contributes to the continued success of Intertask Conferences, which primarily services national and international associations, and public sector departments and agencies.
The individual is responsible for the client relations, management, and implementation of assigned operational and logistical arrangements for conferences (in-person and digital), trade shows, and special events.
- Simultaneously manage multiple virtual and face-to-face conferences efficiently and effectively while maintaining overall quality control;
- Manage and implement PCO services;
- Act as the primary contact for clients providing best practice advice based upon knowledge and experience; • Lead project teams composed of both colleagues and client representatives;
- Provide mentorship and supervision to project team members;
- Oversee the recruitment and ongoing supervision of interns;
- Work with colleagues to streamline processes and procedures;
- Contribute to writing responses to RFPs;
- In conjunction with Financial Manager, implement and monitor assigned project budget (invoicing, reporting);
- Actively and consistently represent Intertask’s values and goals;
- Stay up-to-date on meeting and event trends and evolving technologies; and
- Other related duties.
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Client Focused
- Time Management
- Creativity & Innovation
‘MUST HAVE’ SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Experience working as a project manager overseeing all aspects of conference management; • Planning and executing digital events (conferences, webinars, interactive meetings) on multiple platforms; • Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, exercising a high level of decorum, discretion, and judgment, especially in pressure situations;
- Strong customer service ethic, attention to detail, and desire for excellence;
- Possess a dynamic, mature, and positive “can-do” / solutions-oriented attitude;
- A strong team player with exceptional skills as a team leader, capable of working with multiple individuals and personality types with experience mentoring junior staff;
- Able to work independently and remotely if necessary;
- Technical aptitude and strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneDrive);
- Experience with online tools such as Survey Monkey, Constant Contact; social media management (Hootsuite); cloud-based sharing tools (SharePoint, Dropbox, Google Docs, AirTable); Zoom Meeting and Webinar (set-up and in-meeting management);
- Experience maintaining client websites using WordPress;
- Excellent communication skills (English) (oral and written); may be required to participate in corporate presentations to prospective clients;
- Experience working with volunteer boards and committees; taking meeting minutes/notes; • Flexibility to work outside regular office hours and work overtime, as required;
- Available to travel to conferences and conduct site inspections across Canada (approximately 3 to 5 weeks a year);
- Follow all company policies and procedures, ensure professional appearance, maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets;
- Ability to obtain Level 1 Confidential security clearance with the federal government; and • Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Proficiency in French (oral and written) (strong asset);
- Working in a consultative environment managing multiple clients and projects concurrently; • Experience managing events on the following platforms: PheedLoop, vFairs, Intrado, Encore, Rally • Certifications, including Digital Event Specialist (DES), Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), Google Analytics, social media marketing (Twitter flight School, Content Marketing)
Compensation: $55,000 – $65,000
Location: Downtown Ottawa office, flexible working conditions including remote work will be considered.
- Group insurance plan, including telemedicine service, medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, employee assistance plan
- Corporate RRSP matching contribution plan
- Opportunity to grow within the company
- Ongoing learning opportunities
- Skills development activities and opportunities for career advancement
- Work environment conducive to personal health and well-being.
Please submit a cover letter focused on personal achievements relevant to this position, along with a current résumé to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants meeting the mandatory skill requirements for this position will be contacted. (Yes, really!)
Diversity is a reality | Inclusion is a choice
Intertask is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.