- Published on 2021-11-02
Offering first-class, professional conference and event management services Canada-wide since 1973, Intertask Conferences is a full-service company specializing in virtual, in-person, and hybrid conferences and special events.
Our bilingual PCO and DMC services include strategic planning and consulting, logistics, exhibition and sponsorship sales and fulfillment, financial management, association management, online registration and accommodation, speaker and abstract management, print production, and marketing and communications. Our team is familiar with cutting-edge virtual business event technology, and well-informed regarding protocols and best practices for safe face-to-face events in a post-pandemic world.
If you like to be challenged, Intertask is the place for you! For over four decades, Intertask has coordinated thousands of captivating international, national and regional events for groups from 50 to 18,000. Our meticulous organizational skills and reliable logistical support guarantee our clients a flawless event and peace of mind. We have a great staff of professionals and our teamwork is unmatched.
Join us and watch your career soar!
ABOUT THE POSITION (IS THIS YOU?)
The Inside Sales and Marketing Manager will support the sales process and marketing initiatives, as well as pitching in on larger projects when required. The Inside Sales and Marketing Manager will assist in maintaining our CRM database, monitor procurement channels and identify new opportunities, conduct market research, develop and maintain a list of target accounts, respond to client inquiries, create sales and marketing materials, and manage Intertask’s social media accounts.
Relevant experience would be an asset. The Inside Sales and Marketing Manager enjoys working in teams but can meet deadlines with little supervision, has excellent communication skills with a customer service focus, and thrives in a fast‐paced environment where many activities must be coordinated simultaneously.
The successful candidate will anticipate client needs, assess and determine work priorities, and be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, when required. There is growth potential in this position: it is important that you want to grow and take on increasing responsibilities.
- Effective and professional communication at all times: verbal and written
- Monitor procurement channels daily, flagging opportunities by completing a template for immediate review and assessment
- Conduct market research using both on and offline resources to identify target accounts: update database accordingly
- Set appropriate traces in the database for timely account follow-up
- Assist with the preparation, distribution, and/or submission of meeting notes and minutes, contracts, renewals, proposals, presentations, social media posts, and marketing collateral as directed, and in compliance with Intertask brand guidelines
- Participate in the corporate Communications Group with sister offices
- Effectively manage files and input data in keeping with Intertask’s standards
- Represent the Company at networking and industry events (in-person or virtual), as required
- Assist with corporate website maintenance and associated analytics
- Social media management
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Care
‘MUST HAVE’ SKILLS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Undergraduate degree or two-year diploma from an accredited institution in a related field such as office administration; marketing and communications; combined with tourism, hospitality, and/or comparable business events industry experience
- Some travel required; some evening and weekend work required
- Communication skills in English (oral and written)
- Ability to actively and consistently represent Intertask’s values and goals
- Follow all company policies and procedures, ensure professional appearance, maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets
- Technical aptitude and strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneDrive)
- An understanding of CRM databases and social media platforms; developing, scheduling, and posting content; and tracking of analytics
- Energetic, positive, and creative with a passion to learn
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, exercising a high level of discretion and judgment • Interpersonal, organizational, time management, and public relations skills
- Ability to work both independently with minimal direction and with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service ethic, attention to detail, and desire for excellence
- Proficiency in French (oral and written) (strong asset)
- Proficiency using e-mail marketing software (Survey Monkey, Constant Contact), social media management (Hootsuite), CRM databases (Filemaker), cloud-based sharing software, virtual event platforms/videoconferencing tools (Zoom), website (WordPress), and data sharing tools (Airtable)
- Familiarity with various aspects of face-to-face and virtual events
- Experience with the sales cycle: networking, prospecting, cold calls, tracing, proposal writing, closing • Experience supporting a range of activities including administration, process planning, or event coordination
- Certification, including Digital Event Specialist (DES), Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), Google Analytics, social media marketing (Twitter Flight School, Content Marketing)
Compensation: $44,000 – $55,000 commensurate with experience
Location: Downtown Ottawa office, flexible working conditions including remote work will be considered.
- Competitive compensation
- Group insurance plan, including telemedicine service, medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, employee assistance plan
- Corporate RRSP matching contribution plan
- Opportunity to grow within the company
- Ongoing learning opportunities
- Skills development activities and opportunities for career advancement
- Work environment conducive to personal health and well-being.
Diversity is a reality: Inclusion is a choice. Intertask is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.
Please submit a covering letter focused on personal achievements relevant to this position, along with a current résumé and salary expectations to: email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants meeting the mandatory skill requirements for this position will be contacted. (Yes, really!)