CANADA - Published on 4 October 2018
Do you require an internship to complete your educational program?
Our interns are given a wide range of tasks and responsibilities. Each day is different and one thing is for sure, you’ll never be bored! At JPdL, we believe every employee can contribute new ideas and solutions, no matter what their role is in the company. If you are a dynamic, creative and motivated person and you like taking on a new challenge, then JPdL is for you!
- Coordinating event logistics, scenarios, signage grid, staffing, meeting room set-up summaries, etc.
- Preparing briefing notes for all activities (working scenarios)
- Communicating via e-mail & phone with event delegates, presenters, suppliers and clients
- Coordinating social functions (catering, décor, entertainment, etc.)
- Providing on-site logistical assistance* in all aspects for JPdL-organized events (escorting, hosting, room monitoring, tour coordination, production support, etc)
- Assisting with other areas of the company, as required
- Additional JPdL International specific tasks:
- Assisting the scientific program manager with abstract and presentation management
- Preparing congress publications: editing, data management, translations, etc.
*Occasional evening and weekend work will be required when executing programs
- Putting together sales proposals, presentations and contracts
- Maintaining and expanding our database of clients and prospects
- Assisting the Director of Sales in market research and analysis
- Assisting in marketing activities, including social media coordination and marketing material design
- Excellent spoken and written skills in English and French for Montréal, Québec and Ottawa
- Excellent spoken and written skills in English for Toronto
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office and other IT programs
- All other languages considered an asset
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibility
- Motivation and determination and ability to work independently
A stipend is provided based on a 40-hour work week.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in an educational program requiring an internship, and must have completed two years of study in any of the following fields, according to the internship of their choice:
- For sales and marketing interns, at least 2 years of study in any of the following: business, business administration, commerce, sales, marketing
- For operations interns, at least 2 years of study in tourism, event planning/management, or any other related field which offers an understanding and/or overview of the special events industry
The internship duration is a minimum of 6 months for students outside of Canada and a minimum of 4 months for local students.
Before applying, please verify that you are eligible to work in Canada. Some students from selected countries may qualify for the International Experience Canada scheme, under the Co-op Internship program. More information, including eligibility, can be found here.
Do you think you have what it takes to take on the challenge? Then wait no more. Get your CV and cover letter ready and contact us today!
Apply to JPdL International
Apply to JPdL Montreal
Apply to JPdL Ottawa
Apply to JPdL Toronto & Niagara (Sales)
Apply to JPdL Toronto & Niagara (Operations)
Apply JPdL Québec