- Published on 2022-03-13
- START DATE: Immediate
- EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 3-5 years of relevant industry experience
- SALARY: Competitive salary according to experience plus performance-based commissions and incentives.
- FLEXIBLE WORK MODE: A mix of virtual as well as face-to-face work. Presently, we are at 2 days a week and follow public safety guidelines as they evolve.
- OFFICE LOCATION: Anywhere across Canada. Our headquarter is located in Downtown Montréal, with direct access to public transit (Peel Metro station);
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1982 by Jean-Paul de Lavison, JPdL has grown into one of Canada’s largest event and conference planning companies. Our expertise is based on three pillars of activity:
- JPdL International: Strategic planning, management, and logistics of conferences, congresses, and symposia at a local, national and international level.
- JPdL DMC: Management of corporate and association events and incentive trips within the Canadian market.
- JPdL Vitamine (a division of JPdL Montréal): design and management of multi-destination incentive programs, seminars, learning expeditions, and professional missions across Canada, adapted to the needs of European clientele.
Our dynamic structure continuously adapts, meets challenges, and transforms to better meet today’s context and requirements. The JPdL International division is in full expansion and our team is looking for our next Congress Project Manager.
WHAT SETS US APART
The need to give meaning to our actions and a desire to get involved to make a difference! The desire to integrate the issues of sustainability into our daily activities and adopt specific eco-gestures for an exemplary organization of all our events.
- Represent JPdL in a professional manner at all times;
- Oversee the management of all aspects of the projects including budgets, timelines, risk management, scientific program, registration, accommodations, logistics, exhibition and sponsorships, marketing, etc;
- Plan, manage and control the various phases of the projects with the internal team and clients and ensure that deadlines are met in line with objectives;
- Follow up on these phases and control the evolution of costs according to the established budgets;
- Ensure the optimization of human, technical, financial, and material resources of projects;
- Participate in the development of strategies to enhance the quality and efficiency of services offered;
- Develop relationships, interact and act as a resource person by providing expertise to his/her team, colleagues, and committee members;
- Negotiate and follow up with suppliers and business partners;
- Evaluate project results and submit recommendations;
- Propose and implement various processes to optimize work efficiency;
- Ensure the profitability of the projects.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Good understanding of the challenges and general context of the tourism industry;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in convention and event management;
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment;
- Willingness and ability to travel on occasion.
PERSONALITY AND COMPETENCIES
- Bilingual (spoken/written) French and English;
- Curious and always eager to learn more about the event industry;
- Demonstrate resourcefulness, critical thinking, creativity, autonomy, initiative, diplomacy, attention to detail, and great organizational skills;
- Positive and confident;
- Manage time and priorities effectively;
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills (verbal/written) as well as an ability and interest in working in a team environment;
- Be able to create and maintain respectful and collaborative business relationships with various partners and suppliers;
- Negotiation and leadership skills;
- Have a results-oriented approach.
COMPUTER AND TECHNOLOGY SKILLS
- Proficient in the Office 365 suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint);
- Experience on Asana a plus;
- Social media interest and business practices.
If you feel ready to join the JPdL team, we’d love to meet you! Send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include in the subject line of the email: Project Manager Conferences
Thank you for your interest in JPdL. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.