JPdL’s Holiday Recipes : Bolivian Cheese Balls, Chunky Corn and Chicken Chowder & Cream Puffs !
Cuñapes/Bolivian Cheese Balls – Gems of Cheesy Delight!
Recipe presented by : Catherine Valle – Registration & Housing Coordinator, International
I have been a Registration Coordinator & Housing Coordinator at JPdL since 2006. I ensure that any registration/housing problem gets resolved in an efficient manner.
🎅 ¡Feliz Navidad y que tengan un Prospero Año Nuevo! 🎅
Preparation/Cooking time: 1 hour
- 2 cups “yucca” flour or any starch flour
- 4 cups feta or fresh cheese (grated)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- In a bowl, mix starch flour with baking powder and cheese. In a separate bowl mix sugar, butter and eggs.
- Knead both together to make a soft dough.
- Divide the dough and make small balls by rolling them in your hands. Put a hole at the bottom of each ball and place down on nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 350°F for 20-30 minutes, or until they start getting golden.
Chunky Corn and Chicken Chowder, the Perfect Comfort of a Good, Hot Soup!
Recipe presented by : Johanne Gravel – Accountant/HR/Admin, JPdL
At JPdL for almost 30 years now! My motto: Been there, done that. Started as a brunette, now silver – perfect for a money lady! My nickname says it all … many call me Mamajo.
🎅 A little piece of happiness every day will lead to a big PEACE in our lives! 🎅
A delicious meal in a bowl for a cozy winter evening!
Preparation/Cooking time: approx. 35-40 min
- 6 slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 potatoes, cut into bite-size cubes
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite size cubes
- 2 cups milk
- 10 oz frozen kernel corn
- In a pot, first cook the bacon until crisp. Remove and reserve for later.
- In the same pot, cook the onions until tender.
- Stir in flour, then add chicken broth and potatoes, then salt and pepper to your liking, stirring occasionally, and continue cooking until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add chicken, corn and milk, continue cooking and stirring until heated through.
- Top each serving with the bacon bits.
Cream Puffs with Chocolate Sauce, a Delicate Treat
Recipe presented by : Josée Dallaire – Exhibit & Partnership Coordinator, International
I started working at JPdL as a contractor in 2001 and became permanent staff in 2016. Throughout my professional career I have always came back to JPdL because it’s like a second family to me. Employees work as a team and all have the same goal of giving the best of themselves at all times, no matter the project!
🎅 Happy Holidays and take good care of yourself and your loved ones! And a 2021 Year of peace and resilience! 🎅
Preparation/Cooking time: 30 min prep time & 55 min cooking time
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup corn syrup
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
Cream Puffs (with or without gluten)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable fat (I prefer to use butter)
- ½ cup flour (all purpose or gluten free)
- 2 eggs
- Combine the corn syrup, cocoa powder and salt and bring to a boil over low heat, stirring often. Keep boiling for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat then add the butter and vanilla. Stir and let cool.
- Keeps well in the refrigerator. Before serving, just heat the desired quantity in the microwave and drizzle over the cream puffs.
- Bring the water and fat (or butter) to a boil. Add flour all at once. Stir constantly until dough forms a ball.
- Remove from the stove, let cool then add the eggs one at a time.
- Mix well after each egg (with a wood spoon or mixer).
- Continue to combine the ingredients until the mixture is smooth and velvety.
- With a spoon, form 6 balls of dough (I do 9) place each ball 3 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes in pre-heated oven at 450°F.
- Reduce heat to 350°F and bake for another 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack. Split each puff in half, fill with whipped or pastry cream.
- Drizzle hot chocolate sauce over the puffs and enjoy!